Rich and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins made with summer squash. Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, low-carb, THM-S.
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
If you need a chocolate and peanut butter fix here you go! These muffins have veggies in them, but you won’t be able to taste it.
Yellow or zucchini squash make these muffins extra moist. I like to shred summer squash and freeze it in two cup portions to be able to use it throughout the year. If using frozen squash, just be sure to drain off any excess water before putting it in a recipe.
Almond butter can be used in place of peanut butter, if you prefer.
I use a Vita-Mix blender, which is a power-horse of a blender. If you don’t have a heavy-duty blender you may want to use a food processor instead.
Trim Healthy Mamas these muffins are an S.Print
Rich and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins made with summer squash. Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, low-carb, THM-S
- 3/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash or zucchini, fresh or frozen*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend or MamaShire Baking Blend
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup THM Super Sweet Blend or homemade sweetener**
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- Place all ingredients in blender** or food processor and blend until thoroughly combined and squash is mixed in well.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire cooling rack.
**I use a Vita-Mix blender, if you don’t have a strong blender you may want to use a food processor instead.
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: Net 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
See my Recipe Index for more Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama Recipes.