Moist Gluten-Free Spice Cake – perfect cake for fall or anytime! Family favorite! Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb. Trim Healthy Mama – S
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.)
Happy fall, everyone! It’s such a wonderful time of the year. We’re bringing out our sweaters, the trees are beginning to change colors, the fields are turning all golden as harvest time is fast approaching. Early mornings are crisp and cool. I love it all. And then there is the baking.
One of my husband’s favorite cakes is spice cake. I remember when I first made him one, I had searched high and low over all those boxed cake mixes in the grocery store trying to find the right one. Brought it home and baked it up. He loved it. It made me happy to make him happy. Isn’t that what baking is all about?
Since that time a few things have changed. When our family went gluten-free, I made a list of our favorite foods and began a mission to replace those recipes with ingredients that we could eat. Spice cake was on that list! I love that this cake is not only gluten-free but grain-free too!
You can frost your cake with my Vanilla Frosting Recipe or with your favorite recipe.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup non-GMO erythritol
- 3/4 teaspoon Now Better Stevia
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons grain-free baking powder or aluminum-free baking powder
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° Line the bottom of two 8″ or 9″ round cakes pans with parchment paper or grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs with a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer. Mix in the coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add almond flour, homemade sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and baking powder to the mix and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack before decorating.
You might also enjoy: