Fajita Frittata with Squash is a perfect summertime meal, full of flavor with spices and summer vegetables. Dairy-free, Low-carb, THM-S, Grain-free.
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
This Fajita Frittata with Squash is a perfect summertime meal, full of flavor with spices and summer vegetables. With all the squash coming on fast in the garden and priced extra low at the grocery store right now, this is an economical and tasty dish to serve your family.
I added nutritional yeast in with the eggs to give it an extra yummy cheesy flavor, but it you don’t have any feel free to leave it out.
Serve this with your favorite sugar-free salsa.
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S.Print
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced, around 3 cups
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced, around 3 cups
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- Heat coconut oil a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, green pepper, squash, and chicken, stir occasionally and heat until chicken no longer pink and vegetables tender, around 10-15 minutes. Add in spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and nutritional yeast.
- Smooth vegetable mixture evenly in skillet and then pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes, no stirring.
- Uncover skillet and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes, until eggs are completely set and golden brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut in wedges or squares.
- Serve with salsa.