MamaShire’s Gluten-Free Baking Blend – low fat, low carb, nut-free, dairy-free. Can be used in Trim Healthy Mama recipes.
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
This is my Gluten-Free Baking Blend that I have been using for several of the recipes in the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
The THM Baking Blend is featured in many of recipes throughout the new THM Cookbook. While I really like the THM Baking Blend, I wanted to have my own blend that I could tweak and that might be a little less expensive.
My baking blend is not the same as the THM Baking Blend, but it is similar. I like being able to have a big batch made up and ready to go. I’m much more likely to bake something yummy for my family if I have the blend all ready to go.
My blend doesn’t contain almond flour like the THM Baking Blend does, because I already use almond flour in a lot of my recipes and I wanted to have an alternative so that we’re not “always” eating almonds. Seriously, we eat this gluten-free bread made with almond flour several times a week. Plus, this keeps the cost of the blend down. Win, win.
I have listed all the ingredients below and where I like to purchase them from. You may be able to find coconut flour and golden flaxmeal locally, but the other items will probably have to be ordered online. The initial purchase of these items will add up, but you will be able to get quite a bit of baking blend from them.
- The oat fiber that I use is THM Oat Fiber and it is the ONLY ONE on the market that is certified gluten free. If you don’t have to eat exclusively gluten free you could use this oat fiber.
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour is my favorite.
- I get my organic golden ground flaxmeal at Costco or Amazon. It is cheaper at Costco.
- I use Custom Collagen in my recipe, but THM Integral Collagen would work well, too.
- For the glucomannan, I use Now Brand Glucomannan or THM Glucomannan.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Fat: 3 g
Carbs: 2 g
Protein: 6 g
Trim Healthy Mamas this flour blend is an FP, but depending on what you bake with it that could change to an S or an E.
This is a very thirsty flour blend, so it you are creating your own recipe be sure to add enough liquids to keep it happy.
MamaShire’s Baking Blend
Gluten-free baking blend that is low in calories, carbs, and fat. Easy to use in Trim Healthy Mama recipes.
- 1 cup THM Gluten-Free Oat Fiber
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 8 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 5 tablespoons collagen
- 1 tablespoon glucomannan
- Whisk together all the ingredients and store in an airtight jar.
- You can multiply this recipe to make a large batch.
Be sure to see my Recipe Index for more THM, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Sugar-Free recipes.