Delicious and refreshing Frosted Strawberry Lemonade. Perfect treat to serve yourself and your family! Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb. THM-FP
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
After making my Frosted Lemonade, I began to think of all the different combinations of flavors that would be good in this shake! First up – Frosted Strawberry Lemonade. Strawberries and lemons make such refreshing and delicious combination.
Glucomannan – If you aren’t used to using glucomannan, it is a healthy starch that is very low carb and adds a thickening, light creamy texture to the shake. I haven’t seen it in stores yet, but you can find it on Amazon. You can make the shake without it, but you’ll lose a little of the creamy effect and since we’re doing this dairy free we need all the creaminess we can get. I have read where xanthan gum could be used as a substitute, but I haven’t tried that personally.
Collagen – The collagen is optional, but using it will give you some good protein and it has so many health benefits. I’ve been using Custom Collagen for a few years now and I am very happy with it and it has a very competitive price, even more so if you use Amazon’s Subscribe & Save feature.Print
Strawberries and lemons come together to make this delicious and refreshing drink. Dairy-free, sugar-free & low-carb
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon collagen(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia (Now Better Stevia Extract) or 2 “doonks” of Trim Healthy Mama Stevia Extract
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt or Mineral Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan
- 6–7 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups ice cubes (around one full tray)
- Put lemon juice, almond milk, collagen, stevia, salt, and vanilla in blender. Turn on low for just a few seconds to mix. While blender is on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Blend on low for 30 seconds and turn off. Add in strawberries and ice cubes, blend on high until completely blended.
If you split this drink with a loved one you can add an additional tablespoon of collagen so that you are both getting a good serving of protein.
Want to remember this? Save this pin for Frosted Strawberry Lemonade to your favorite Pinterest board!
You might also enjoy: