Creamy and refreshing dairy-free, sugar-free mock Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade. Makes 1-quart serving or smaller servings to share. Trim Healthy Mamas (FP)
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
Recently our family stopped at a Chick-Fil-A and we were given a free Frosted Lemonade because they had accidentally made an extra one. Funny thing was we couldn’t eat it because of –you guessed it– the dairy. So, when I came across a copycat recipe on Pinterest, I decided to make one that’s dairy and sugar-free.
I have no idea how close it is to the original, but I think it’s yummy, creamy and refreshing! I love using metal straws with my drinks – it makes the drinks feel extra special!
If you aren’t used to using glucomannan, it is a healthy starch that is very low carb and adds a thickening, light creamy texture to the shake. I haven’t seen it in stores yet, but you can find it at Amazon. You can make the shake without it, but you’ll lose a little of the creamy effect and since we’re doing this dairy free we need all the creaminess we can get. I have read where xanthan gum could be used as a substitute, but I haven’t tried that personally.
Trim Healthy Mamas this drink is an FP.Print
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Drinks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or juice of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons collagen (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon baobab powder or THM baobab powder, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Now Brand Stevia Extract or 2 “doonks” of Trim Healthy Mama Stevia Extract
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt or mineral salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan
- 3 cups ice cubes (around one full ice tray)
- Put lemon juice, almond milk, collagen, stevia, salt, and vanilla in blender. Turn on low for just a few seconds to mix. While blender is on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Blend on low for 30 seconds and turn off. Add in ice cubes and blend on high until ice cubes have been completely blended.
The baobab powder is completely optional. It’s a superfruit and will add nutritional value. It does have a citrusy flavor so it goes along with this drink really well. You may want to add just a bit more sweetener if you add it as I find it is a tiny bit bitter.
You might also enjoy: