- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced, around 3 cups
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced, around 3 cups
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- Heat coconut oil a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, green pepper, squash, and chicken, stir occasionally and heat until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender around 10-15 minutes. Add in spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and nutritional yeast.
- Smooth vegetable mixture evenly in skillet and then pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes, no stirring.
- Uncover skillet and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes, until eggs are completely set and golden brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut in wedges or squares.
- Serve with salsa.