This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
This comforting Beef & Sweet Potato Chowder is full of flavor, low fat, and has healthy carbs from the sweet potatoes! Dairy-free, Gluten-free, THM-E.
- 1-2 lbs lean ground beef, grass-fed or leanest you can find
- 6-8 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower, thawed slightly and chopped
- 2 cups cashew or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare
- pepper to taste
- Take cauliflower out of freezer to begin thawing.
- Brown ground beef and then put in colander and run hot water over the beef to remove as much fat as you can. Let strain.
- In a large stockpot heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil until melted. Add onion to stockpot and cook until translucent. Add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, back the heat down to medium and keep the soup at a low boil for 20 minutes. Add in strained beef and cashew milk. Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes more.
Beef roast with sweet potatoes is one of my favorite comfort foods. I wanted to put together a soup that had those same delicious flavors. This Beef & Sweet Potato Chowder turned out exactly like I hoped – warm and comforting.
Tips for making Beef & Sweet Potato Chowder:
- Optional: Puree one of the bags of thawed cauliflower in a food processor and then add it to the soup. It will make the soup a little thicker.
- I added a little bit of “Hello Cheese” from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook on top of my bowl and it gave it some extra yum. If you can eat regular cheese you could add a wedge of Light Laughing Cow cheese.
- If you can make your own beef broth, it will make this soup extra good. Dr. Axe has an excellent post on the health benefits of bone broth.
- I use Herbamare seasoning in my recipe. It’s an organic seasoning salt that has herbs and vegetables infused in the sea salt. It is our favorite, but feel free to use your favorite seasoned salt.
Trim Healthy Mamas this soup is an E.