I don’t naturally gravitate towards veggies so when I find a way to quickly make veggies that are tasty and that I keep reaching for more, I get excited about it. One of the ways that have helped me is by regularly using my air fryer to roast (air fry) veggies. This recipe for air fryer broccoli with lemon pepper is one that is so easy to make and is yummy! It’s a perfect combo.
(This post contains affiliate links)
How to quickly make Air Fryer Broccoli
1. Cut the broccoli florets from the stalks so that you have bite size pieces.
I like to buy just the broccoli crowns for this recipe but the stalks are edible too. If you want to include the stalks you can and you could buy the larger head of broccoli so that you could have more stalk. I would suggest using just one of the larger heads with the stalk so that there will be plenty of room for them to cook in the air fryer.
2. Rinse the broccoli with water and then pat dry with a paper towel. Place the broccoli in the air fryer basket.
These broccoli florets are just so pretty. I love how they look like a little forest.
3. Use an oil spritzer and lightly spray avocado or olive oil over the broccoli and then season it with lemon pepper. (See notes in recipe card about gluten-free lemon pepper seasoning)
4. Cook the broccoli for 5 minutes at 300°. It’s best to keep the temperature at 300° because the edges of the florets will burn too quickly if the temperature is set higher.
5. After the 5 minutes of cooking give the broccoli a little stir and spritz again with the avocado oil and give a few more shakes of the lemon pepper. Cook for 3 more minutes. And they’re done!
For More Easy Air Fryer Recipes, Check Out:Print
Easily make roasted broccoli using your air fryer without heating up your oven! Seasoned with lemon pepper.
2 packages fresh broccoli crowns
avocado oil in a spritzer
1. Trim broccoli and rinse in a colander. Take a paper towel and pat dry. Place in the basket of your air fryer.
2. Lightly spritz oil over broccoli and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
3. Cook for 5 minutes at 300°.
4. Stir broccoli and lightly spritz again and sprinkle a bit more lemon pepper.
5. Cook for 3 more minutes.
* Be sure to read labels on your lemon pepper seasoning. Lawry’s and McCormicks will label if any of their products contain gluten and give the source of it. Trader Joe’s label doesn’t show any gluten ingredients but it isn’t on their gluten-free list. True Lemon’s Lemon Pepper seasoning is labeled gluten-free. Primal Palate has a gluten-free Seafood Seasoning with pepper and lemon. Spice Cave also has a gluten-free Sea Spice Blend. Primal Palate and Spice Cave are more reasonably priced through Thrive Market than Amazon.