I don’t remember when chicken nuggets first came on the scene, but I think the first nuggets I had were at McDonalds years ago. I thought they were pretty wonderful, especially dipped in honey-mustard sauce.
Since going gluten-free and following Trim Healthy Mama, I need to make our chicken nuggets from scratch. I call these lazy chicken nuggets because there are days, probably more often than not, that I don’t want to have to do much to get supper on the table. So, instead of dipping the little chicken pieces in eggs and then picking each one out and then dredging them in batter, I just pour the eggs on the chicken and then pour the breading over it all. Give it a stir and then get them to frying. The hardest part of this recipe is cutting the chicken breasts into pieces.
I use red palm oil in this recipe, because I think it adds a wonderful flavor and a lovely golden color to your food. If you don’t have any feel free to use coconut oil only.
Trim Healthy Mamas these Lazy Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets are an S.
- Cut chicken breasts in 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Begin heating skillet with red palm oil and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in pie pan or other shallow dish.
- Pour eggs over chicken and stir around with a fork, making sure that the egg covers the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl mix flaxmeal, coconut flour, spices, and salt together. Spread over chicken. Stir chicken around to coat with the breading.
- Once the oil in the skillet is hot, carefully place chicken in skillet without crowding too much. If all the chicken doesn't fit in the skillet you may need to fry a second batch, if so you add a little more oil to the pan before frying the second batch. Or use 2 skillets at the same time.
- Turn after 4-5 minutes and continue frying on other side another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
*This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.*