Lazy Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets
- Yield: 5 servings
- Category: Dinner
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 whole eggs, or 2 egg yolks (only if you already have some separated), whisked with a fork
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- 4 tablespoons red palm oil
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cut chicken breasts in 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Begin heating skillet with red palm oil and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in pie pan or other shallow dish.
- Pour eggs over chicken and stir around with a fork, making sure that the egg covers the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl mix flaxmeal, coconut flour, spices, and salt together. Spread over chicken. Stir chicken around to coat with the breading.
- Once the oil in the skillet is hot, carefully place chicken in skillet without crowding too much. If all the chicken doesn’t fit in the skillet you may need to fry a second batch, if so add a little more oil to the pan before frying the second batch. Or use 2 skillets at the same time.
- Turn after 4-5 minutes and continue frying on other side another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.