Hamburger Spinach Quiche made gluten & dairy free. Easy to make. Perfect for supper or make ahead for breakfast. Freezes well. Trim Healthy Mama – S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
The classic quiche made a whole new way! It’s based on a favorite recipe that we had that needed to be upgraded to be gluten and dairy free. Easy way to make this gluten free is to make it without a crust, you won’t miss it. I used coconut milk in the quiche and I topped one with a dairy-free homemade cheese and the other with a sheep cheese. They both turned out delicious.
The quiche on the left was made with the homemade dairy-free called Hello Cheese from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. The quiche on the right was made with Pecorino Romano, a sheep cheese. Manchego sheep cheese would work well here, too.
The recipe makes enough for two quiches. I’ll make this for supper and then have the extra one to serve for breakfast or leftovers. Depending on the size of your family, you may not have any leftovers. They also freeze well.
Tips for making this quiche:
- If you can have sheep or goat cheese, you could use either on the top of the quiche. I usually use Pecorino Romano or Manchego sheep cheese.
- To be completely dairy free you can use a vegan cheese recipe. I used the recipe in the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook for the “Hello Cheese”. It’s quick and simple to make. There are a few special ingredients that I had to purchase to make the “Hello Cheese”, but they will last a long time and you will be able to a lot of “cheese” from them. Some of those special ingredients are agar powder, collagen, nutritional yeast, and toasted sesame oil.
- If you don’t have the THM cookbook here are two recipes that I found online for vegan cheese that you could try. I haven’t tried them, but they look easy to make. 15 minute Vegan Cheese and Homemade Vegan Cheese. If you are following Trim Healthy Mama these two recipes would have to be tweaked a little to make sure you were using on plan ingredients.
- You can leave off the cheese completely and it will still be yummy.
If you are following Trim Healthy Mama this would be an S.Print
Hamburger Spinach Quiche
- Yield: 16
- Category: Dinner, Breakfast
- 2 lb ground hamburger, grass-fed if possible
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8-10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped (about 5- 6 cups loosely packed)
- 8 eggs
- 1 13.5
ouncecan coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded homemade dairy-free “Hello Cheese” or sheep cheese (see notes for alternative)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain excess fat if needed. Add the chopped onions and spinach to the beef in the skillet and heat until the onions are translucent and the spinach is wilted.
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease two pie pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Add in beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour equally into the two prepared pie pans.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese over each pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
To be completely dairy free you can use a vegan cheese recipe. I used the recipe in the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook for the “Hello Cheese”. It’s quick and simple to make.