Easy to make and delicious! Easy Lasagna that’s gluten-free and dairy-free. Freezes well so it’s a great meal to make ahead. Low-carb, THM-S.
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
My dear friend, Carla, used to make an amazing lasagna that was legendary in our circles. Her recipe called for extra basil and it was so good. Since going gluten and dairy-free, I have missed that lasagna and I’ve had more than one little “sigh” thinking back on it.
When the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook came out this fall, I was happy to see that there were many dairy-free recipes in the book, but then I came across the Lazy Lasagna, which is not dairy-free. Oh, I wanted lasagna. Their recipe uses spinach in place of noodles and it got me to thinking, how can I make a lasagna like that, but dairy-free. I often use sheep cheese as a cow-dairy replacement, but I wanted something completely dairy-free. Then I remembered the white sauce that I make for my baked salmon and wondered if it could work as a dairy replacement in lasagna.
So I combined three different recipes to come up with this gluten-free, dairy-free delicious easy lasagna. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does. It’s good to have lasagna back in our lives!
Notes on a couple ingredients used in my Easy Lasagna:
- This recipe uses glucomannan which is a natural thickener from the konjac plant and is a low-glycemic food. It only takes a little bit to thicken your recipes. This is an ingredient that you probably won’t find at a local store, but you will be able to find it on Amazon or at Trim Healthy Mama.
- I also have nutritional yeast in this recipe. This gives the white sauce a nice cheesy flavor. You may not be able to find it locally either. I buy mine from Amazon. If you’d like further information on the health benefits of nutritional yeast, there’s a great article on Dr. Axe’s website.
For Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S.Print
Easy Lasagna (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Super easy to make lasagna that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb. If you don’t use a microwave be sure to start your spinach thawing early in the day.
- Category: Dinner
- 2 10 oz. blocks of frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce, sugar-free
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon glucomannan
- Brown you ground beef or turkey in large skillet. When your meat is almost finished browning add in the onion, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking until the onions are translucent and your kitchen in smelling amazing. Mix in the jar of spaghetti sauce.
- While your meat is cooking, whisk together in a medium bowl the mayo, coconut milk, 2 eggs, nutritional yeast, onion powder, cayenne, and sea salt. After everything is mixed well sprinkle the glucomannan over the mixture and then whisk it in. Let set while you drain your spinach.
- Drain your spinach in a colander lined with a cheese cloth or a wire mesh colander. You can use wax paper or saran wrap to cover the spinach and then push on the wax paper to keep your hands from getting spinach on them.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread one half of the meat sauce in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Layer half of the spinach over the meat sauce and then half of the white sauce. Repeat the layers.
- Bake for 40 minutes.