Try this delicious and healthy Copycat Orange Julius that’s Dairy-free! It’s super easy to make and so refreshing! Gluten-free, Sugar-free, THM-E
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Now that summer’s in full swing and the temperatures are warming up, we’ve been enjoying these frosty orange drinks almost everyday. It’s so nice to come in from working outside and be able to quickly make this drink to cool off. It tastes like an orange julius from that popular ice cream fast food chain.
I add a scoop of collagen peptides to this drink to get some extra protein and health benefits in my diet, but if I’m planning on sharing this drink with one of my daughters, I’ll add 2 scoops to make sure we both get a good serving of collagen.
Another thing I love about this drink is that by adding in the orange with lots of the white pith still attached it provides more than a full serving of vitamin C. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m much more likely to drink this fun drink than to peel an orange and eat it. I quarter the orange and run a paring or tomato knife just under the peel to leave as much of the white pith on as possible. When I’ve got all the other ingredients mixed up, I’ll add the orange quarters to the blender with the ice cubes. Pour into a quart jar or two pint jars. Enjoy and be refreshed!
These stainless steel straws make it easy to make your drink extra special and you won’t ever run out of those plastic straws.
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an E.Print
Copycat Orange Julius (Dairy-free)
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Drinks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons collagen
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Now Better Stevia or 2 “
doonks” Trim Healthy Mama Stevia
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan
- 1 orange, quartered and peeled – leave on as much of the pith as possible
- 10 ice cubes
- Put almond milk, lemon juice, collagen, vanilla extract, stevia, salt, and vanilla in a blender. Turn on low for just a few seconds to mix. While blender is on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Blend on low for 30 seconds and turn off. Add in orange quarters and ice cubes, blend on high until completely blended.