This Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole has a delicious combination of flavors. A family favorite! Dairy-free option. Gluten-free, grain-free, Low-carb, THM-S.
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
I serve this yummy casserole on lightly salted baked spaghetti squash. If you’ve never made spaghetti squash, don’t wait any longer. You need to do it. It’s such a fun veggie. You can also serve this as a dip like my sister did in the comments below!
See my post on How to Cut and Cook a Spaghetti Squash for an easy way to make spaghetti squash!
I added sheep cheese to this recipe, but if you need to keep it completely dairy free, feel free to leave it out. You can add an additional tablespoon of nutritional yeast to boost the cheesy flavor.
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S meal.Print
Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole
Serve this delicious, spicy dish over baked spaghetti squash or serve as a dip.
- Category: Dinner
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 lb bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup shredded pecorino romano or other sheep cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix chicken, bacon, and jalapenos together in a large bowl.
- Cook cauliflower and green pepper together in covered stock pan with 2 inches of water on medium for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix coconut milk, pecorino romano (optional), nutritional yeast, chili powder, sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder together
- When the cauliflower and green pepper is fork tender, lightly chop it with a fork or knife to bite size pieces.
- Add cauliflower, green peppers, and coconut milk sauce to the chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serve over baked spaghetti squash.
You might also enjoy: