Gluten-free biscuits that are light and fluffy! Super easy to make and a family favorite. Dairy-free, sugar-free, grain-free option. THM-S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Gluten-free biscuits that are light and fluffy?
Yes, they are! Both of my daughters were so excited when they first taste tested these for me, because most of the biscuits that I’ve tried to make over the years have been more like a hockey pucks, but not these! These biscuits are light and fluffy, just like a good biscuit should be.
The trick is to use egg whites and to beat them to a nice froth before mixing with the flour.
I’ve made them with coconut oil that was melted and coconut oil just softened and they worked great both ways. I found these were easier to make using the melted coconut oil, since all you have to do is stir.
Trim Healthy Mamas these biscuits are an S.
Light and fluffy gluten-free and dairy-free biscuits.
- Yield: 5 biscuits
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder or *grain-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or softened
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut oil. If the coconut oil isn’t completely melted just mix it in with a fork.
- In another bowl mix the egg whites with an electric blender until frothy and just starting to thicken up.
- Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture and combine.
- Divide batter into 5 portions and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*grain-free baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda + 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Serving size- 1 biscuit Calories: 203 Fat: 18 g Net Carbs: 3 g Protein: 8 g
These gluten-free cinnamon muffins are the perfect comfort food for breakfast or a snack. Dairy-free, sugar-free, low-carb, Trim Healthy Mama-S.
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
Baking these wonderful gluten-free cinnamon muffins will send the most wonderful aroma through your home. Your family will be drawn into the kitchen hoping to get one as soon as they come out of the oven.
With the cinnamon topping all melty and spread through the muffin they are the perfect comfort food. They’re excellent for breakfast or a snack.
Trim Healthy Mamas these muffins are an “S”.Print
Cinnamon Muffins (Gluten-Free)
A low-carb comfort food filled with cinnamon goodness!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: Breads
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup non-GMO erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon Now Better Stevia
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Topping:
- 1/4 cup non-GMO erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon Now Better Stevia
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Using a whisk combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xylitol, baking powder and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Mix the cinnamon topping ingredients together and drop by teaspoonful into the top of each muffin. Use a knife or skewer to swirl the cinnamon into the top and middle of the muffins.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins stand in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool. If baked in paper cups remove from pan immediately to cool.
These muffins freeze wonderfully.
See my Recipe Index for more THM, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free Recipes!
Easy to make Gluten-free Bread. A family favorite! This bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast or buns. Grain-free, Dairy-free, Trim Healthy Mama (S)
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! I appreciate it so much! See my disclosure policy here.)
I have been on the quest for the best gluten-free bread that I could make for my family and this is it. There have been a few other recipes that I really liked, but this one beats them all hands down. And the added bonus is that it is super easy to make.
It’s low-carb, on plan for Trim Healthy Mama and can be completely grain free if you use grain-free baking powder. I adapted this from the Bread in A Mug recipe from Trim Healthy Mama to a large recipe that makes 40 slices because everyone in my family eats gluten free and we need to have a good supply of bread at any given moment.
Since this bread is baked in a half sheet pan, it will need to be cut differently than “normal” bread. Cut the bread into 20 squares and then remove with a metal spatula. Place on a cutting board and slice the pieces in half horizontally. You will end up with 40 slices of bread. If you need a slice of bread a little longer, say for a hot dog, make some of the initial slices a little longer to fit the size you need. This bread is great for sandwiches, toast, or buns.
The pan that I use is a Doughmakers Sheet Pan that I have used for years. While I like this brand, it is really the size of the pan that I love, a big whopping 13 x 18 inches. I use it nearly everyday for baking anything from chicken, cookies, scones, and this bread. This Nordic Ware Pan looks to be of really good quality too, it’s the same size, has great reviews on Amazon, and is a lower price.
I use this bread as a base for my Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares.
Trim Healthy Mamas this bread is an “S”.Print
The Best Gluten-Free Bread (with Grain-Free option)
Our favorite gluten-free bread! So easy to make and satisfying.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 40 slices
- Category: Breads
- Preheat oven to 350°. Liberally grease a half size sheet pan (13 x 18) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a whisk, mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put egg whites in a large bowl and beat with mixer until frothy. While mixing, slowly add the melted coconut oil and flour mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread batter evenly to the edges of pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack before cutting. Using a serrated bread knife cut into 20 squares. Using a metal spatula lift each square out of pan and place on a cutting board. Slice each square horizontally.
- After completely cool, store in a sealed container on counter for 2-3 days or in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can also be frozen.
- If freezing, place parchment or freezer paper between squares if you want to take out a small serving at a time.
This bread makes great sandwiches and toast. If toasting, watch toaster carefully, the fresher the bread the easier it is to burn.