Easy to make Gluten-free Bread. A family favorite! This bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast or buns. Grain-free, Dairy-free, Trim Healthy Mama (S)
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no extra cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
I have been on the quest for the best gluten-free bread that I could make for my family and this is it. There have been a few other recipes that I really liked, but this one beats them all hands down. And the added bonus is that it is super easy to make.
It’s low-carb, on plan for Trim Healthy Mama and can be completely grain free if you use grain-free baking powder. I adapted this from the Bread in A Mug recipe from Trim Healthy Mama to a large recipe that makes 40 slices because everyone in my family eats gluten free and we need to have a good supply of bread at any given moment.
Since this bread is baked in a half sheet pan, it will need to be cut differently than “normal” bread. Cut the bread into 20 squares and then remove with a metal spatula. Place on a cutting board and slice the pieces in half horizontally. You will end up with 40 slices of bread. If you need a slice of bread a little longer, say for a hot dog, make some of the initial slices a little longer to fit the size you need. This bread is great for sandwiches, toast, or buns.
The pan that I use is a Doughmakers Sheet Pan that I have used for years. While I like this brand, it is really the size of the pan that I love, a big whopping 13 x 18 inches. I use it nearly everyday for baking anything from chicken, cookies, scones, and this bread. This Nordic Ware Pan looks to be of really good quality too, it’s the same size, has great reviews on Amazon, and is a lower price.
I use this bread as a base for my Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares.
Trim Healthy Mamas this bread is an “S”.Print
Our favorite gluten-free bread! So easy to make and satisfying.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Liberally grease a half size sheet pan (13 x 18) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a whisk, mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put egg whites in a large bowl and beat with mixer until frothy. While mixing, slowly add the melted coconut oil and flour mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread batter evenly to the edges of pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack before cutting. Using a serrated bread knife cut into 20 squares. Using a metal spatula lift each square out of pan and place on a cutting board. Slice each square horizontally.
- After completely cool, store in a sealed container on counter for 2-3 days or in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can also be frozen.
- If freezing, place parchment or freezer paper between squares if you want to take out a small serving at a time.
This bread makes great sandwiches and toast. If toasting, watch toaster carefully, the fresher the bread the easier it is to burn.