Gluten-free biscuits that are light and fluffy! Super easy to make and a family favorite. Dairy-free, sugar-free, grain-free option. THM-S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Gluten-free biscuits that are light and fluffy?
Yes, they are! Both of my daughters were so excited when they first taste tested these for me, because most of the biscuits that I’ve tried to make over the years have been more like a hockey pucks, but not these! These biscuits are light and fluffy, just like a good biscuit should be.
The trick is to use egg whites and to beat them to a nice froth before mixing with the flour.
I’ve made them with coconut oil that was melted and coconut oil just softened and they worked great both ways. I found these were easier to make using the melted coconut oil, since all you have to do is stir.
I’m always on the lookout for a good price on blanched amond flour and Amazon has Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour 4 lb. bag at a great price.
Trim Healthy Mamas these biscuits are an S.
Light and fluffy gluten-free and dairy-free biscuits.
- Yield: 5 biscuits
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder or *grain-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or softened
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut oil. If the coconut oil isn’t completely melted just mix it in with a fork.
- In another bowl mix the egg whites with an electric blender until frothy and just starting to thicken up.
- Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture and combine.
- Divide batter into 5 portions and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*grain-free baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda + 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Serving size- 1 biscuit Calories: 203 Fat: 18 g Net Carbs: 3 g Protein: 8 g