A delicious, healthy treat that is grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. Keto, Low-carb, THM-S
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup non-GMO erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon Better Stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder or grain-free baking powder**
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- Pinch of stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8″ or 9″ round cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut oil, sweetener, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Divide the batter between the cake pans. The batter is a little on the thick side, so spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set cakes out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Set cooled cake on a cake platter and top with frosting. Place the second cake on top of the frosting and add a layer of frosting on top. Place sliced strawberries decoratively on top of frosting.
- Serve with extra strawberries, lightly sweetened with just a couple pinches of stevia extract.
Use my Dairy-Free Vanilla Frosting to frost the shortcake.
**grain-free baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda + 2 teaspoons cream of tartar