- Make sure all packaged ingredients used are gluten-free.
1– 1 1/2 lbs of cooked taco chicken tenders
2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped or use 12-18 oz of bagged chopped romaine
2 cups corn, canned or frozen, drained
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 avocados, chopped or sliced
3–4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
homemade dairy-free ranch dressing or Tessamae’s Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- If using homemade dairy-free ranch dressing mix that first and then refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
- Next marinade your chicken in a mixture of lemon juice and taco seasoning for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While your chicken is marinating prep the other ingredients. Chop tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lettuce if not using precut. Drain the can of corn or thaw if using frozen. Drain and rinse the can of black beans.
- Decide which way you want to cook your chicken. I have links with instructions for using an air fryer, pan frying, or baking in the oven.
- While your chicken is cooking chop or slice the avocados.
- After the chicken is finished cooking cut it in 1/2-inch slices or thinner.
- Serve salad either preassembled or place ingredients in individual serving dishes so each person can assemble their own salad.
- Serve with salsa (gluten-free), homemade dairy-free ranch dressing or Tessamae’s Creamy Ranch (dairy-free), gluten-free tortilla chips.