- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- gluten-free almond bread
- 1–2 cups manchego or pecorina romano, sheep cheese, shredded
- or 1–2 cups Hello Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayo
- ground chipotle powder, start with 1/2 teaspoon and add additional to taste.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet. Add chopped chicken and Italian seasoning. Stir fry for a few minutes to set the spices. Set aside.
- Using a large sheet pan, lay out 16 slices of the gluten-free almond bread and lightly toast both sides by broiling each side for amount a minute each. Watch closely while broiling so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the mayo and 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder. If you want the mayo to be spicier add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder at a time, stirring, and then taste-testing to get it to your desired spiciness. I usually go by the color. We like ours a medium orange color. 🙂
- Spread spicy mayo on the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle each piece with Italian spiced chicken, crumbled bacon and cheese of your choice.
- Put in 350° oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes until heated through and sheep cheese melts. If using “Hello Cheese” or other vegan cheese don’t look for melting.
Make extra spicy mayo for dipping sauce.