Tasty Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares – Gluten-Free Pizza with Non-Dairy Cheese or Sheep Cheese. Perfect for pizza night or game night. -THM- S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Some dear friends served us this spicy dish several years ago and it immediately became a family favorite. The original recipe called for mozzarella cheese and was served on naan bread. When we had to go gluten and dairy free we didn’t want to lose this wonderful dish, so I recreated it to fit our new way of eating.
Now I serve this yummy combination on our gluten-free almond bread and use sheep cheese.
For a completely dairy-free version, we also use the “Hello Cheese” from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, which is shown below. We also like to make up extra spicy mayo for dipping sauce.
Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares with “Hello Cheese” from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S. You can use a different type of flatbread for this pizza. If you are following Trim Healthy Mama you would want any alternative bread to be an FP or S.Print
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- gluten-free adlmond bread
- 1–2 cups manchego or pecorino romano, sheep cheese, shredded
- or 1–2 cups Hello Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayo
- ground chipotle powder, start with 1/2 teaspoon and add additional to taste.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet. Add chopped chicken and Italian seasoning. Stir fry for a few minutes to set the spices. Set aside.
- Using a large sheet pan, lay out 16 slices of the gluten-free almond bread and lightly toast both sides by broiling each side for amount a minute each. Watch closely while broiling so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the mayo and 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder. If you want the mayo to be spicier add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder at a time, stirring, and then taste-testing to get it to your desired spiciness. I usually go by the color. We like ours a medium orange color. 🙂
- Spread spicy mayo on the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle each piece with Italian spiced chicken, crumbled bacon and cheese of your choice.
- Put in 350° oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes until heated through and sheep cheese melts. If using “Hello Cheese” or other vegan cheese don’t look for melting.
Make extra spicy mayo for dipping sauce.