Delicious and easy to make onion rings.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 1/4 cup of Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large sweet onion
- Mix eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl that is easy to dip your rings into. Mix flour blend, salt, paprika, cayenne together in a shallow bowl that is easy to dip your rings into. Slice onion in 1/4 to 1/2 inch rings and separate rings.
- Preheat air fryer on 350° for a minute or two.
- Dip onion slices in egg mixture and then dredge through flour mixture. Place onion slices in air fryer basket in a single layer, can be slightly overlapped. Lightly spray with oil spray. Fry in air fryer for 5-8 minutes, turn onion slices over, lightly spray and fry for another 5-8. Frying time will depend on the thickness of the onions and how many rings are in the fryer at one time.
- It may take 3-4 batches to fry all the onion rings.
- You can easily check on the onion rings during the frying to check for doneness.
If you need a grain-free baking blend you can use equal parts of blanched almond flour, golden flax meal, and coconut flour. It may tip the scale a bit on the fat amount so using this baking blend may put these onion rings in an S category.