Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies that are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Egg-free, THM-Crossover
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies are delightful little treats with a crunchy outside and a chewy inside. They make me think of a cross between an oatmeal cookie and those pumpkin treats that you can buy that have the little faces on them, but a healthier version with the added bonus of being gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and egg-free.
My daughter and I both thought these would be yummy for an afternoon snack with coffee or tea or to serve them alongside of a lean protein for a flavorful breakfast.
I like to keep some Lindt 85% Cocoa Chocolate bar already chopped and stored in a jar so I can quickly add it to recipes like these cookies.
Trim Healthy Mamas these cookies are a Crossover. If you don’t have a sprouted gluten-free baking blend than you should be able to substitute with the THM Baking Blend. I haven’t tried it so you may need to tweak the liquid ingredients, as I think the THM Baking Blend is a thirstier flour. You can use this sweetener chart to make adjustments if using a different type of sweetener.Print
- 1 cup sprouted gluten-free baking mix or Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- 3/4 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats*
- 3/4 cup homemade sweetener blend** or 1/3 –1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Sweet Blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped 85% dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour blend, oats, sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the pumpkin, applesauce, flaxmeal, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry mix and combine.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lined baking sheet. Press down on tops of cookie to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.