Easy to make Peppermint Whoopie Pies, makes me think of Thin Mints and candy canes. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, THM-S
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup homemade sweetener* or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder or homemade baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered homemade sweetener*
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
To Make Whoopie Pie cookies:
- Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and extracts.
- Add the egg mixture and the coconut oil to the dry ingredients. Mix together with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets about 2-3″ apart. There should be about 24 cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Place cookies on a wire rack and completely cool.
To make cream filling:
- Put all ingredients, except coconut oil, in medium size bowl and beat until smooth. Add in the coconut oil and mix until well blended.
- Spread cream filling on one half of cookies. Place another cookie on top of the icing making a sandwich cookie.