This is one of the easiest ways to make corn on the cob! Let me show you how to make corn on the cob in an air fryer. It’s so quick and easy that you may never boil corn on the cob again. Be sure to try my gluten-free corn casserole and gluten-free corn salad for more delicious corn recipes.
How many you make at one time will depend on the size of your air fryer. They will need a little space between them to cook properly. I can fit 4-5 cobs in my air fryer basket at one time. You can also cut them in half or thirds to fit your basket or to have smaller servings.
- Remove all the husk and corn silks from the corn. Use a paper towel to wipe the corn to help pick off any stray silks. Carefully trim off the ends if needed with a large butcher knife. This isn’t necessary but sometimes the ends just aren’t very pretty.
- Rinse and pat dry the cobs and then spritz with avocado or olive oil using a spritzer.
- My favorite spritzer is the Evo Oil Sprayer it comes in a set of two. I use one for avocado oil and one for olive oil. I use mine frequently and the sprayer works great and doesn’t get clogged.
- Cook the corn on the cob for 10 minutes at 400° turning halfway through. The picture above is of corn that has been cooked for 10 minutes.
- Or if you want more of a grilled effect you can cook the corn for 12 minutes at 400° turning halfway through. This picture is of corn on the cob that has been cooked for 12 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and butter or your favorite dairy-free butter.
How to remove corn from the cob
If you want to remove the corn from the cob wait until it’s cool enough to touch and stand the cob on end and use a serrated knife to cut down along the sides and turn and cut all the way around the cob. If you have leftover corn on the cob you can cut the corn off to be able to have leftovers. This is also great for anyone who has braces or can’t bite into the corn.
More air fryer recipes you’ll enjoy
Quick and easy way to make corn on the cob.
Corn on the cob*
Avocado or olive oil in a spritzer
Salt and pepper to taste
Non-dairy buttery spread like Smart Balance or Earth Balance.
or regular butter
Spritz oil lightly over corn and place in air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 400° turning halfway through.
For a more grilled effect cook for 12 minutes at 400° turning halfway through.
Season with salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
* The amount of corn on the cob that you cook at one time will vary on the size of your air fryer. They need a little space between them to properly cook. (I can comfortably fit 3 large cobs in the basket of my air fryer)
You can also cut the cobs in half or thirds to make them fit better or for smaller servings.
To cut off corn from the cob stand corn on end and use a serrated knife to cut from top to bottom turn and repeat until all the corn is removed. This is an easy way to save any leftover corn. It’s easier to reheat this way.
Keywords: corn on the cob, air fryer corn on the cob, air fried