These gluten-free graham crackers are perfect for snack time or making s’mores.
2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Better Batter Gluten-Free Flour)*
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
7 tablespoons Smart Balance Buttery Spread
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons almond or cashew milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set aside a 12″ x18″ baking pan for later.
- In a medium-size bowl or food processor mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then cut in the buttery spread using two forks or mix in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix wet ingredients together and then add to the crumbly mixture and mix until combined.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your 12″ x 18″ baking pan. Tear off a second piece of parchment paper that is a little larger that will be used later to place over the top of the dough.
- Now place dough on top of the 12″ x 18″ piece of parchment paper and use your hands to roughly press the dough out towards all four edges.
- Then place the larger piece of parchment paper over the dough. Using a rolling pin, evenly roll out the dough to cover the bottom piece of parchment paper.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and take a butter knife to trim off the dough to just inside the bottom piece of paper.
- Once it’s been trimmed, use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers the size you would like. Then prick each cracker several times with a fork. (if you don’t want to use a pizza cutter on your countertop you can put it in the baking pan first.)
- Place the baking pan next to the prepared dough. Gently pick the parchment paper with the dough on it up and place in the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for about 2-3 minutes and then remove the crackers to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- I use Better Batter Gluten-Free Flour in this recipe. You can use another one-to-one gluten-free flour mix if you prefer but be sure it contains xanthan gum. If it doesn’t add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to the recipe.
Keywords: homemade graham crackers, gluten-free graham crackers, graham crackers, s'mores