Enjoy these gluten-free vanilla wafers by themselves or with slices of bananas & strawberries.
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dairy-free buttery spread, Smart Balance or Earth Balance, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon almond milk
- Tip: Place your buttery spread and egg out on the counter first thing or a few minutes before so they can get to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, cream the buttery spread with the powdered sugar and granulated sugar for 2 minutes, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and almond milk until well blended.
- Add the gluten-free flour mixture and combine until completely mixed.
- Chill the dough for at least 15 minutes.
- After it’s chilled remove the dough from the fridge. Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Scoop out small spoonful-sized dollops of dough onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes and remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking pan for a couple of minutes.
- Then place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
* Gluten-free flour mix (also dairy-free) that I recommend using for this recipe Pamela’s Artisan Blend. The second one would be Better Batter.
Keywords: nilla wafers, gluten-free desserts, gluten-free cookies, gluten-free dairy-free recipes