This delicious gluten-free pumpkin bread is bursting with the flavors of warm fall spices cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup dairy-free butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Use either a stand mixer or hand mixer with a large bowl, cream, softened buttery spread, and sugar. Then add both eggs and mix.
- Mix the pumpkin into the creamed mixture. Next, mix in the flour mixture and beat until completely blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 65-70 minutes. Insert a toothpick or cake tester and make sure it comes out clean.
- Place pans on a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of the bread to loosen the bread from the sides, and then remove the bread from the pans and place them on the wire rack to continue cooling.
- Enjoy it warm or cool.
Store cooled bread in a sealed container on the counter for 1-4 days; can also be stored in the refrigerator. Loaves can be frozen for up to 3 months.
*To soften dairy-free butter, remove it from the refrigerator and leave it on the counter for 10-15 minutes.
**Gluten-Free Flour: My favorite gluten-free & dairy-free flour blends to use are Better Batter and Pamela’s Artisan Blend. I’ve been using them both with great results. They are both a 1-1 substitute. If you use another gluten-free flour blend, be sure that it contains xanthan gum. If it doesn’t have it, add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum per cup of gluten-free flour.
Keywords: gluten-free recipes, gluten-free bread, gluten-free dairy-free recipes, food for celiac