Don’t feel left out when it comes to delicious cookies! You’ll feel like a fancy baker making these Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
If you like chocolate and anything fudgy then stop what you’re doing and make these yummy chocolate crinkles. They bake into the most beautiful cookie with the deep dark chocolatey cracks and a layer of snowy powdered sugar. And there are mini chocolate chips tucked inside for an extra burst of chocolate.
What Makes These Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies So Good:
- Incredibly fudgy in the middle
- Crispy and sugary on the outside
- Beautiful contrast with the dark chocolate cracks and the snowy powdered sugar
- Even better the second day
Pro Tips for Making Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies:
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
- Using brown sugar in this recipe results in a chewy browny like texture.
- Before baking, you’ll roll the balls of cookie dough in granulated sugar first and then in powdered sugar. This will keep the powdered sugar from dissolving into the cookie.
- Line your baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
My Favorite Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Flour Blends
- Gluten-Free Flour: My favorite gluten-free & dairy-free flour blends to use are Pamela’s Artisan Blend and Better Batter. I’ve been using them both with great results. They are both a 1-1 substitute. If you use another gluten-free flour blend be sure that it contains xanthan gum. If not add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum per cup of flour.
More Gluten-Free Cookies You’ll Love:Print
You’ll need a couple of hours to chill the dough in fridge before baking. These are so fudgy and perfect.
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend*
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttery spread, softened (room temperature) (Smart Balance or Earth Balance)
3/4 cup Enjoy Life Mini Morsels
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar
Whisk together gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer and blend together the brown sugar, buttery spread, and vanilla. Then add the eggs and thoroughly combine.
Mix the flour mixture into the sugar mix and then fold in the mini morsels.
Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
After 2 hours remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 325°. Prepare baking pans by lining with parchment paper or line with a silicone mat.
Place the granulated sugar in a small bowl and place the powdered sugar in a separate small bowl. Use a cookie scoop or spoon out some into your hands to make 1 1/2-inch balls.
Roll each ball into the granulated sugar and then into the powdered sugar then place on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool. Leave cookies on pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
*My favorite gluten-free & dairy-free flour blends to use are Pamela’s Artisan Blend and Better Batter. I’ve been using them both with great results. They are both a 1-1 substitute. If you use another gluten-free flour blend be sure that it contains xanthan gum. If it doesn’t add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum per cup of flour.
**Regular butter can be used in place of the buttery spread.
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate crinkle cookies, gluten-free cookies, gluten-free desserts, dairy-free desserts