Chicken salad with grapes is one of my favorite meals to make for summer time. It makes for easy sandwiches and is great for a quick meal or to pack in a picnic. It’s also great served as a dip with crackers or potato chips! And with just five ingredients it comes together quickly.
(Some links in this post may be my affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no extra cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.)
How to Make Gluten-Free Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Chicken: You can use any cooked chicken that you have on hand. I used 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts and cooked it in my Instant Pot for 16 minutes. Then I used my food processor to finely dice the chicken.
- Grapes: One cup of seedless grapes chopped lightly in the food processer. Use any color of grapes that you like but I think the reddish grapes look the prettiest in this recipe.
- Celery: Two celery ribs chopped in the food processor.
- Mayonnaise: I like to use Just Mayo. It’s an egg-free mayo and you should be able to find it locally. If you have another gluten-free brand that you prefer or a homemade mayo that would work here also.
- Salt: Himalayan salt is my favorite. It contains essential trace elements and minerals.
- Place all the five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. And just like that you have a delicious bowl of chicken salad ready to be chilled or enjoyed right away.
My favorite gluten-free bread to serve this with is Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free Bread or my Grain-Free Bread. The crackers in the picture below are Mary’s Gone Cracker Real Think Crackers. I recently found these tasty crackers at our local Walmart. Any gluten-free crackers would work here as well as potato chips.
More Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Chicken Recipes
See my Main Course Category Page for even more delicious gluten-free dinners.Print
3 1/2 cups cooked chicken (see notes)
1 cup seedless red grapes
2 celery ribs
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Just Mayo, egg-free) + 1 tablespoon (if needed)
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Using a food processor chop the chicken to a fine dice. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Add the grapes to the food processor and lightly dice. Too much and they might all turn to liquid. Add the grapes to mixing bowl with the chicken.
Next, chop the celery in the food processor and then add it to the chicken and grapes.
Add the mayonnaise and salt in with the chicken, grapes, and celery. Using a large spoon mix all ingredients together. You can add the additional 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise if it seems dry. Chill or enjoy right away.
Chicken: You can use any cooked chicken that you have on hand. I used 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts and cooked it in my Instant Pot for 16 minutes.