Category Archives: Book Reviews
Easy to make One-Pan Jamaican Jerk Chicken & “Rice” from Easy Keto Dinners by Carolyn Ketchum! Keto, Low-carb, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, THM-S
(Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a percentage, at no cost to you, when you purchase. See my disclosure policy here.) *I did receive this Easy Keto Dinner Cookbook for free. All views are my own!
I’ve been having so much fun looking through this cookbook and trying to decide what I wanted to make first!
Carolyn was so kind to let me share one of her recipes with you!
I decided to go with Jamaican Jerk Chicken & “Rice” because I used to use a store-bought Jamaican Jerk marinade for my chicken before our family went gluten free. And I hadn’t tried to recreate that flavor so I was excited to try Carolyn’s recipe for the Jamaican Jerk seasoning!
I loved that this recipe was easy to make and I used only one pan! To make prep time even easier I used frozen diced onions and frozen riced cauliflower.
All the recipes in Carolyn’s new cookbook look to be very easy to make and look so good – there’s a picture for every recipe! A few of the other recipes I’m looking forward to trying are Buffalo Chicken Chowder, French Onion Pot Roast, and Bacon Sloppy Joes.
About half of the recipes in Easy Keto Dinners are dairy free! That’s really important for me as my family and cow-dairy just don’t get along well.
When I shared this with my daughter, she loved it and wanted to know where the recipe was because she didn’t want to ever lose it! She also told me she wanted to have this weekly! Well, okay then! We gave this recipe and the whole book a 2 thumbs up!
If you are following Trim Healthy Mama this recipe is an S.
One-Pan Jamaican Jerk Chicken & “Rice”
Tasty One-Pan Jamaican Jerk Chicken & “Rice” from Easy Keto Dinners by Carolyn Ketchum.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 36 minutes
- Total Time: 41 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
1 1/2 teaspoons erythritol
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons avocado oil, for the pan
1/4 cup chopped onions
12 ounces riced cauliflower
Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the jerk seasoning. Rub the seasoning blend all over the chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Place the chicken skin side down in the pan and cook without disturbing for 4 minutes, until the skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the onions to the skillet. Saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the riced cauliflower and cook until just tender, another 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, skin side up, and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve with lime wedges.
Don’t skip the lime wedges! The lime juice pairs perfectly with the seasoning and adds a delicious zing to this dish!
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 36.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 33.8 g
Be sure to visit Carolyn’s blog, All Day I Dream About Food, to see more of her delicious low-carb, gluten-free recipes!
Save this pin for One-Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken & “Rice” to your favorite Pinterest boards!
You might also like:
Okay, so I am loving this book, Money Making Mom! For starters, the author, Crystal Paine shares that this is the book that she wishes she had when she first started out making money from home. And I agree! I wish I had this years ago, too!
Crystal Paine, the owner of the hugely popular blog, Money Saving Mom has come out with this highly encouraging book that not only takes you through the steps of starting a business, but gives you a vision for why you would want a business, how to be successful in your work, and how to make a positive impact on others by giving generously.
My daughters and I all have home businesses that we have started over the past several years. We love our work and have learned so much already. What’s exciting to me as a business owner is that Crystal puts things in such a clear way that it is helping me to understand the business side of our work in a much easier light. It’s also helping me to have a greater vision for what we are doing with our work and how to bless others through it.
As our daughters were growing up, my husband and I knew that we wanted to encourage them to develop skills in areas where they would be able to make an income from working at home. That way when they had families of their own they would be able to stay at home with their children and not have to work outside the home if there was a need for extra income. We had actually read some material from Crystal Paine years ago on making money from home that inspired us to think more creatively in this area.
It was exciting to see our daughters develop definite interests and talents, and we encouraged them to work hard at developing their skills in those areas. They both started their own businesses in their teen years. Breezy began selling art prints and Emily Rose began doing web design. Later they started their own publishing company producing a line of historical paper dolls that they created. The Money Making Mom would have been an excellent tool for us at that time! It would have made things so much easier!
Four years ago we began another business adventure when we started Clementine Patterns, our hand embroidery pattern company. It started when I asked my daughter, Breezy, to draw a picture for me for an embroidery that I wanted to try. After seeing how quickly it came together, we decided to try a few more designs and sell them on Etsy. I remember when the first few patterns sold – I was so excited! I couldn’t believe it was really happening!
My youngest daughter, Emily Rose, does all of the graphic design, photography, shop upkeep, and shipping for our online stores and I take care of the packaging, shipping, and the sample embroidery work. Breezy has designed the majority of our patterns and for the past 2 years she has been doing what she always dreamed of doing, illustrating children’s books. Her first two books are Audrey Bunny and For Such a Time as This, both written by Angie Smith.
A few of my favorite quotes from the book are:
“When determining a business idea to pursue, focus on the areas you already excel in that you enjoy.”
“If you don’t live with purposeful intention, aimlessness will be the default.”
Here are some things from the book that stood out to me:
- Ways to determine what type of business would be a good fit for you.
- A successful business if going to look different to different people. There is no one-size-fits all.
- Details of pros and cons of different types of businesses.
- Do what you can, when, where, and with what you have.
- Steps to make an action plan for your business.
- The beauty of a slow and steady upward climb.
- Growing as an individual directly affects your business growth.
- How to deal with things that get in your way, such as time and fear.
- Being able to help others by living generously.
I would encourage anyone with daughters to get this book and go through it together with them. If you are homeschooling mom, I think this would make a wonderful business course to work through.
I also want to encourage women of any age to read this book if you are interested in learning how to earn money from home – even if you are just the tiniest bit interested.
The Money Making Mom book will be released on November 3rd. And if you pre-order by November 2nd you can get some great pre-order bonuses!
Here’s what you’ll get with the pre-order bonuses:
- ✓Make Over Your Calendar: 7 Day Online Course—a comprehensive course to teach you how to simplify, streamline, and organize your daily schedule & to-do’s.
- ✓Crystal’s Top 10 Favorite Productivity Tools Tip Sheet—a printable PDF with links and information on Crystal’s favorite tools for better time management.
- ✓An Exclusive Live Q&A Call—an invitation to join Crystal for a special Q&A call to ask any of your Money-Making Mom questions