Tasty Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares – Gluten-Free Pizza with Non-Dairy Cheese or Sheep Cheese. Perfect for pizza night or game night. -THM- S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Some dear friends served us this spicy dish several years ago and it immediately became a family favorite. The original recipe called for mozzarella cheese and was served on naan bread. When we had to go gluten and dairy free we didn’t want to lose this wonderful dish, so I recreated it to fit our new way of eating.
Now I serve this yummy combination on our gluten-free almond bread and use sheep cheese.
For a completely dairy-free version we also use the “Hello Cheese” from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, which is shown below. We also like to make up extra spicy mayo for dipping sauce.
Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares with “Hello Cheese” from the Trim Heatlhy Mama Cookbook
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S. You can use a different type of flatbread for this pizza. If you are following Trim Healthy Mama you would want any alternative bread to be an FP or S.Print
Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares
- Yield: 16 squares
- Category: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- gluten-free almond bread
- 1-2 cups manchego or pecorina romano, sheep cheese, shredded
- or 1-2 cups Hello Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayo
- ground chipotle powder, start with 1/2 teaspoon and add additional to taste.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet. Add chopped chicken and Italian seasoning. Stir fry for a few minutes to set the spices. Set aside.
- Using a large sheet pan, lay out 16 slices of the gluten-free almond bread and lightly toast both sides by broiling each side for amount a minute each. Watch closely while broiling so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the mayo and 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder. If you want the mayo to be spicier add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder at a time, stirring, and then taste-testing to get it to your desired spiciness. I usually go by the color. We like ours a medium orange color. 🙂
- Spread spicy mayo on the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle each piece with Italian spiced chicken, crumbled bacon and cheese of your choice.
- Put in 350° oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes until heated through and sheep cheese melts. If using “Hello Cheese” or other vegan cheese don’t look for melting.
Make extra spicy mayo for dipping sauce.
I have been on the quest for the best gluten-free bread that I could make for my family and this is it. There have been a few other recipes that I really liked, but this one beats them all hands down. And the added bonus is that it is super easy to make.
It’s low-carb, on plan for Trim Healthy Mama and can be completely grain free if you use grain-free baking powder. I adapted this from the Bread in A Mug recipe from Trim Healthy Mama to a large recipe that makes 40 slices because everyone in my family eats gluten free and we need to have a good supply of bread at any given moment.
Since this bread is baked in a half sheet pan, it will need to be cut differently than “normal” bread. Cut the bread into 20 squares and then remove with a metal spatula. Place on a cutting board and slice the pieces in half horizontally. You will end up with 40 slices of bread. If you need your slice of bread a little longer, say for a hot dog, make some of the initial slices a little longer to fit the size of your hotdogs. This bread is great for sandwiches, toast, or buns.
The pan that I use is a Doughmakers Sheet Pan that I have used for years. While I like this brand, it is really the size of the pan that I love, a big whopping 13 x 18 inches. I use it nearly everyday for baking anything from chicken, cookies, scones, and this bread. This Nordic Ware Pan looks to be of really good quality too, it’s the same size, has great reviews on Amazon, and is a lower price.
I use this bread as a base for my Chipotle Chicken Pizza Squares.
Trim Healthy Mamas this bread would be an “S”.Print
The Best Gluten-Free Bread (with Grain-Free option)
Our favorite gluten-free bread! So easy to make and satisfying.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 40 slices
- Category: Breads
- Preheat oven to 350°. Liberally grease a half size sheet pan (13 x 18) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a whisk, mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put egg whites in a large bowl and beat with mixer until frothy. While mixing, slowly add the melted coconut oil and flour mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread batter evenly to the edges of pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack before cutting. Using a serrated bread knife cut into 20 squares. Using a metal spatula lift each square out of pan and place on a cutting board. Slice each square horizontally.
- After completely cool, store in a sealed container on counter for 2-3 days or in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can also be frozen.
- If freezing, place parchment or freezer paper between squares if you want to take out a small serving at a time.
This bread makes great sandwiches and toast. If toasting, watch toaster carefully, the fresher the bread the easier it is to burn.