This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
These Sweet Mustard Bacon Chicken Strips are a family favorite. Perfect for dinner or as an appetizer. Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free, Low-Carb, THM-FP
This sweet-mustard-bacon-chicken combo makes for a fun meal or appetizer. Whenever I serve these strips there seems to be an extra level of excitement around the table. With bacon covered in a sweet and spicy sauce, you just can’t go wrong.
Tips for Trim Healthy Mamas:
- I use xylitol or my homemade sweetener blend to make the sweet mustard, but feel free to use your choice of on plan sweetener.
- The turkey bacon I used had only 5 grams of fat in two slices, so 4 of these chicken strips would be an FP and anything more than that would be an S.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a wire rack in a large baking pan or line the pan with foil.
- Mix the xylitol, mustard, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, and sea salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside for later.
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch thick slices. Slice bacon strips in half to make long thin strips. Wrap bacon strips around chicken slices and place on wire rack in baking pan or foil lined pan.
- Baste the chicken strips with half of the sweet mustard mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn chicken strips over and baste with the rest of the sweet mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes more until crispy.
- Serve immediately.