This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
This Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole has a delicious combination of flavors. A family favorite! Dairy-free option. Gluten-free, Low-carb, THM-S.
I served this yummy casserole on lightly salted baked spaghetti squash. If you have never made spaghetti squash, don’t wait any longer. You need to do it. It’s such a fun veggie.
There are different ways to bake spaghetti squash, you can do a quick google search for them or if you have the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook there are several ways listed on page 224.
My favorite way to bake spaghetti squash is to pierce it 4-5 times and bake it whole in a 350° oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Then let it cool for at least ½ hour. After it is cool to touch, slice it in half and remove the seeds. Then take a fork and remove the spaghetti strings. It takes a little while to bake and cool, but it’s so easy to make. You can also freeze the cooked spaghetti squash to have it ready to go for when you don’t have the extra time to bake.
I added sheep cheese to this recipe, but if you need to keep it completely dairy free, feel free to leave it out. You can add an additional tablespoon of nutritional yeast to boost the cheesy flavor.
Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S meal.Print
Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole
Serve this delicious, spicy dish over baked spaghetti squash.
- Category: Dinner
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 lb bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded pecorino romano or other sheep cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix chicken, bacon, and jalapenos together in a large bowl.
- Cook cauliflower and green pepper together in covered stock pan with 2 inches of water on medium for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix coconut milk, pecorino romano (optional), nutritional yeast, chili powder, sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder together
- When the cauliflower and green pepper is fork tender, lightly chop it with a fork or knife to bite size pieces.
- Add cauliflower, green peppers, and coconut milk sauce to the chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serve over baked spaghetti squash.
See my Recipe Index for more Gluten-free, Low-Carb, THM recipes.