Pumpkin pie has always been one of my favorite pies, especially cold right out of the fridge. After we changed our diet I could no longer rely on my favorite recipe on the back of the Libby’s Pumpkin can. So, I have been on a quest to make a good pumpkin pie that is gluten, dairy, and sugar-free. I think this recipe finally hits the spot.
Some tips for making this pie:
- Libby’s brand of pure pumpkin is my favorite. It has the best color and consistency.
- Cashew milk has a nice creamy texture and doesn’t compete with the pumpkin flavor like coconut milk can.
- I used 1/2 cup of my homemade sweetener in this recipe and it is mildly sweet. If you like a really sweet pie you can add a bit more sweetener to it, try 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup more. Again you don’t want the sweetener to dominate the pumpkin flavor.
- I recommend using a pie crust from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook or this pie crust from Elana’s Pantry.
Trim Healthy Mamas, this pie is an S. Make sure to use a pie crust that is also an S.Print
Pumpkin Pie (Gluten, Dairy, and Sugar-Free)
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup cashew milk*
- 1/2 cup homemade sweetener**
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 gluten-free pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pie crust.
- In a large bowl mix all pie filling ingredients together.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of pie comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for a couple of hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.