Carrot Cake – Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free
This carrot cake is so delicious and moist your family and friends will be surprised that it’s gluten free! It’s the perfect cake or cupcakes for your Easter celebration or anytime. It’s one of our favorites!
I use this Dairy-Free Vanilla Frosting on my carrot cake. If you don’t have to be dairy-free than use your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Trim Healthy Mamas this cake is a crossover!
- 3 cups of finely shredded carrots, about 9-10 medium carrots
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped fine
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup homemade sweetener* or Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
- 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pans: for two 9" or 8" round cake pans, line with parchment paper, for 9 x13 cake pan or cupcake pans spray with coconut spray
- Using a food processor or electric mixer blend the eggs.
- Add in almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add in carrots and pecans mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake "cake pans" around 25-30 minutes. Bake "cupcakes" 20-25 minutes. Check center with toothpick or cake tester for doneness.
- Let cool completely before adding frosting.