Delicious and refreshing Frosted Strawberry Lemonade. Perfect treat to serve yourself and your family! Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb. THM-FP
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
After making my Frosted Lemonade, I began to think of all the different combinations of flavors that would be good in this shake! First up – Frosted Strawberry Lemonade! This is such a fun combination and so refreshing!
If you aren’t used to using glucomannan, it is a healthy starch that is very low carb and adds a thickening, light creamy texture to the shake. I haven’t seen it in stores yet, but you can find it on Amazon. You can make the shake without it, but you’ll lose a little of the creamy effect and since we’re doing this dairy free we need all the creaminess we can get. I have read where xanthan gum could be used as a substitute, but I haven’t tried that personally.
The collagen is optional, using it will give you some good protein and it has so many health benefits. I use Custom Collagen I’m really happy with it and it has a good price!
Trim Healthy Mamas this shake is an FP.Print
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Drinks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon collagen(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia (Now Better Stevia Extract) or 2 “doonks” of Trim Healthy Mama Stevia Extract
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt or Mineral Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan
- 6-7 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups ice cubes (around one full tray)
- Put lemon juice, almond milk, collagen, stevia, salt, and vanilla in blender. Turn on low for just a few seconds to mix. While blender is on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Blend on low for 30 seconds and turn off. Add in strawberries and ice cubes, blend on high until completely blended.
If you split this drink with a loved one you can add an additional tablespoon of collagen so that you are both getting a good serving of protein.
For more recipes –