Creamy and refreshing dairy-free, sugar-free mock Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade. Makes 1-quart serving or smaller servings to share. Trim Healthy Mamas (FP)
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Recently our family stopped at a Chick-Fil-A and we were given a free Frosted Lemonade because they had accidentally made an extra one. Funny thing was we couldn’t eat it because of –you guessed it– the dairy. So, when I came across a copycat recipe on Pinterest, I decided to make one that’s dairy and sugar-free.
I have no idea how close it is to the original, but I think it’s yummy, creamy and refreshing! I love using metal straws with my drinks – it makes the drinks feel extra special!
If you aren’t used to using glucomannan, it is a healthy starch that is very low carb and adds a thickening, light creamy texture to the shake. I haven’t seen it in stores yet, but you can find it at Amazon. You can make the shake without it, but you’ll lose a little of the creamy effect and since we’re doing this dairy free we need all the creaminess we can get. I have read where xanthan gum could be used as a substitute, but I haven’t tried that personally.
The collagen is optional, using it will give you some good protein and it has so many health benefits. I use Custom Collagen I’m really happy with it and it has a good price!
Trim Healthy Mamas this drink is an FP.Print
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Drinks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or juice of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons collagen (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Now Brand Stevia Extract or 2 “doonks” of Trim Healthy Mama Stevia Extract
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt or mineral salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan
- 3 cups ice cubes (around one full ice tray)
- Put lemon juice, almond milk, collagen, stevia, salt, and vanilla in blender. Turn on low for just a few seconds to mix. While blender is on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Blend on low for 30 seconds and turn off. Add in ice cubes and blend on high until ice cubes have been completely blended.
For more recipes –