Farmhouse Beans & Sausage – A delicious, comfort meal made in just minutes using an Instant Pot. Gluten-free, Low-carb, THM-S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
Simple ingredients go together to make this easy comfort meal. Growing up this would be something that my mom or my grandmother would put together and cook in their pressure cookers. With the Instant Pot, it’s even easier and way less scary. I remember my mom telling us kids to get out of the kitchen when she was using the pressure cooker. It seemed scary to us, but maybe that was her way of getting a few minutes of quiet.
Dicing the onion and slicing the sausage will be the only work that you’ll have to do to put this meal together. You could also use diced frozen onions for an even simpler prep time. Put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot with 2 cups of chicken broth, secure the lid and set 6 minutes on the manual setting. When the time is up use the quick release method of releasing the steam.
- I like Miller Chicken Sausage because it’s free of gluten, nitrites, nitrates, and comes in at just 2 grams of carbs per link. If you don’t have this brand in your area you can use any other sausage that you would like as long as it’s on plan with Trim Healthy Mama ( 2 grams of carb or less per serving)
- I also use Herbamare seasoning, it’s a favorite of our family, but you can use your favorite seasoning salt.
- Depending on the fat grams in the sausage this could drop into an FP meal.
Trim Healthy Mamas this meal is a THM-S.Print
Farmhouse Beans & Sausage
Quick and easy supper made in an Instant Pot.
- Category: Dinner
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 16 oz. frozen green beans
- 1 16 oz. chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Herbamare
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Place lid on and close making sure the steam vent is closed.
- Use manual setting and set at 6 minutes.
- When cook time is finished use the quick release method to let off the steam.