This recipe for chicken patties is one that I have used for years, but I’ve updated it to be grain-free, dairy-free, and on plan with Trim Healthy Mama. They are sure to be a hit with your family. Enjoy them with spicy mayo, ranch dip, marinara sauce, or in a sandwich, there are so many different ways to serve these patties. We like to make sandwiches with them on our favorite gluten-free bread.
You can double or triple this recipe and freeze the extras. They don’t take long to thaw, just heat them up in the oven or a skillet on the stove top for a super quick meal.
Here is a funny little story of my history with chicken patties. When I was first married I was a very bad cook. I would buy frozen chicken patties and fry them for my husband. The funny part is that I burned them every. single. time. And then I would serve them with the darkest side down, hoping he wouldn’t notice. Ha. He must have really loved me. Here’s a little lesson in frying anything – pay attention!
A food processor makes mincing the cooked chicken a breeze, but if you don’t have one you can shred and then mince your chicken using a cutting board and a chef’s knife.
Change up the flavor of the patties by adding in some cajun spice, a little more chili powder, or your family’s favorite seasonings.
Trim Healthy Mamas these Chicken Patties are an S.
- Shred and mince cooked chicken or process in a food processor until minced.
- Put all ingredients, except coconut oil in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Using about ¼ cup of the mixture shape into a patties.
- Fry patties until browned on bottom, turn over to brown other side.
- Continue frying the rest of the patties, adding a little more coconut oil to skillet as needed.
See my Recipe Index for more THM, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Sugar Free Recipes.