Category Archives: Trim Healthy Mama E
*This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.*
I remember when I was younger my mom and I stopping by my future husband’s home and visiting with him. We had just stopped at Dairy Queen and picked up a strawberry banana shake – my favorite. I remember us all standing by his front porch and talking while I was sipping on that shake and thinking he is so handsome. It’s funny how food can be so attached to a memory isn’t it?
Now days I keep away from dairy and sugar so I had to come up with a replacement. This shake brings me right back to that summery day years ago and it’s still so yummy. Plus, now I can serve it to that handsome man I married and feel good about giving him a good, healthy treat.
- I add collagen in my drinks to get an extra boost of nutrition and protein. It’s optional, but I think you would like it. You can read about all the benefits of collagen at Dr. Axe’s site. I recommend Custom Collagen or THM Integral Collagen.
- I also add glucomannan to my shake to help thicken it up a little and give it a bit of creaminess. Without having cow-dairy you have to work a little harder to get that lovely creamy effect and the glucomannan really helps with that. Be careful to add it slowly to your foods when you use it, as it can clump up if not. It’s a healthy, no-carb, starch and a little goes a long way. I recommend Now Glucomannan or THM Glucomannan
Trim Healthy Mamas this Strawberry Banana Frosty is an E.
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5-6 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon collagen (optional), or THM Integral Collagen
- ½ teaspoon Now Better Stevia or 2 "doonks" of THM Stevia Extract
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt or mineral salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon glucomannan
- 3 cups ice cubes (around one full tray)
- Put almond milk, strawberries, bananas, collagen, stevia, salt, and vanilla in blender and blend until well combined.
- With blender on low, slowly add in glucomannan. Let it continue blending for 30 more seconds.
- Turn off blender and add in ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a quart jar for one serving or smaller jars to share.
I wanted to add this photo to my post to give you a little peak at what happens when I am doing a photoshoot for my recipes. My youngest daughter, Emily Rose, is an excellent photographer and has been teaching me the ins and outs of phototgraphy. Often times when I get my food all set up for a shoot, she’ll go grab her camera and have some fun shooting, too. I found this photo on her camera capturing me “trying” to get the right shot. When you see an excellent photo on my blog, just know that it’s probably her work.
You know that moment when you just want a little something yummy and sweet, but not too sweet, this peanut butter treat will fit the bill. It’s a single serve size that is quick to make with low-fat peanut flour, water, erythritol, and stevia. No gluten, no dairy, no eggs, no sugar – just yum.
Stir the ingredients together and you’re all set.
You can make it however thick you would like by how much water you add to the mix. Start with a tablespoon of water and then slowly add more as you need it.
Enjoy this by itself or use it for a delicious low-fat dip for apples or bananas. You could also dip cookies in it or drizzle it over a THM on-plan ice cream. Hmm, think of the possibilities.
Trim Healthy Mamas this Peanut Butter Treat is an FP.
- Stir peanut flour, 1 tablespoon water, and sweetener in a small bowl. Slowly add in another tablespoon of water till you get your desired thickness.
- Enjoy on its own or as a dip.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.