Category Archives: THM Crossover
Carrot Cake – Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free
This carrot cake is so delicious and moist your family and friends will be surprised that it’s gluten free! It’s the perfect cake or cupcakes for your Easter celebration or anytime. It’s one of our favorites!
I use this Dairy-Free Vanilla Frosting on my carrot cake. If you don’t have to be dairy-free than use your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Trim Healthy Mamas this cake is a crossover!
- 3 cups of finely shredded carrots, about 9-10 medium carrots
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped fine
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup homemade sweetener* or Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
- 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pans: for two 9" or 8" round cake pans, line with parchment paper, for 9 x13 cake pan or cupcake pans spray with coconut spray
- Using a food processor or electric mixer blend the eggs.
- Add in almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add in carrots and pecans mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake "cake pans" around 25-30 minutes. Bake "cupcakes" 20-25 minutes. Check center with toothpick or cake tester for doneness.
- Let cool completely before adding frosting.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies are delightful little treats with a crunchy outside and a chewy inside. They make me think of a cross between an oatmeal cookie and those pumpkin treats that you can buy that have the little faces on them, but a healthier version with the added bonus of being gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and egg-free.
My daughter and I both thought these would be yummy for an afternoon snack with coffee or tea or to serve them alongside of a lean protein for a flavorful breakfast.
I like to keep some Lindt 85% Cocoa Chocolate bar already chopped and stored in a jar so I can quickly add it to recipes like these cookies.
For Trim Healthy Mamas these cookies are a Crossover. If you don’t have a sprouted gluten-free baking blend than you should be able to substitute with the THM Baking Blend. I haven’t tried it so may need to tweak the liquid ingredients, as I think the THM Baking Blend is a thirstier flour. You can use this sweetener chart to make adjustments if using a different type of sweetener.
- 1 cup sprouted gluten-free baking mix or Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- ¾ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats*
- ¾ cup homemade sweetener blend** or ⅓ -1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Sweet Blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped 85% dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour blend, oats, sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the pumpkin, applesauce, flaxmeal, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry mix and combine.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lined baking sheet. Press down on tops of cookie to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.