A light and delicious way to enjoy the classic BLT sandwich taste by turning it into a BLT Salad with Tangy Mayo Dressing! Gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, THM-S
(This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases you make through my links will provide me with a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support! See my disclosure policy here.)
One of my favorite sandwiches of all time is a BLT, especially when there are fresh tomatoes from the garden. This summer I’ve been enjoying a yummy gluten-free version of this classic sandwich with my favorite gluten-free bread.
I also enjoy the taste of a BLT in this lighter version of a BLT in salad form with a tangy mayo dressing.
Trim Healthy Mamas this salad is an S.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled, uncured if possible
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons almond or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/16 teaspoon of Himalayan or sea salt
- pinch of stevia (optional)
- Place romaine lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, and avocados in a large serving dish. Layer them all nicely for a pretty presentation or just toss the ingredients, it will still look nice.
- Whisk mayonnaise in a small bowl until creamy. Whisk in almond milk one tablespoon at a time. Mix in apple cider vinegar, salt, and stevia.
- Serve tangy mayo dressing over salad.